Siemens Automation Cooperates with Education (SCE) provides tutorial materials on Siemens S7 in the following link:
The following is the presentation on Siemens PLCs for begineers:
The following links are flash animation of Siemens S7 (right click to download):
- The S7 Architecture
- The SIMATIC Manager
- The Basic Languages LAD, FBD, STL
- Communication with SIMATIC S7
- Visualization – The HMI Integration
- The High-Level Language S7-SCL
- The Graphical Language S7-GRAPH
- Testing and Commissioning Functions
The following link is the demo system for Siemens PCS7 (right click to download):
Several books are available for good sources for studying Simatic S7 (note that the following links only provide the sample pages):
- Muller, J., Neumann, F., Pfeiffer, B., Controlling with SIMATIC, Willey-VCH, 2005.
- Jones, C.T., STEP 7 in 7 Steps: A Practical Guide to Implementing S7-300/S7-400 Programmable Logic Controllers, Brilliant-Training, 2006.
- Berger, H., Automating with SIMATIC, Willey-VCH, 2003
The following link is the Master’s Thesis about Siemens S7 application:
- Gulabi, A., Development of a Embedded SCADA System with PLC and Java Application for Synchronous Operation of Standard Servo Drives, Department of Information and Electrical Engineering, University of Applied Sciences Hamburg, 2007.
The following links are the Master’s Thesis about Siemens PCS7 application:
- Nordstrom, L., Construction of a Simulator for the Siemens Gas Turbine SGT-600, Department of Electrical Engineering, Linkoping University, 2005.
- Ugarte, E. G., Automatic Status Logger for a Gas Turbine, Department of Science and Technology, Linkoping University, 2007.
- Ljungkrantz, O., Steam Net Simulation with Real Control System, Department of Automatic Control, Lund Institute of Technology, 2003.
- Take a look on Siemens SITRAIN webpage for self-study courses
- A blog’s article by Okartee explained the study path for Siemens PLC
- More sources, tools, tutorials, notes can be found at Siemens Industry Automation and Drive Technologies – Application & Tools.